Monday, May 16, 2011

Hope It Gives You Hell

I know most of you have all been there at some point in your life,

you've loved and been burned...
Run into an old friend from high school that you really didn't wanna see...
Maybe you were cheated on... 
Or maybe you were just cheated...
I think you get the idea...  
either way someone's got a word for those situations.....

or a way to describe it....  

that was what one of my very first boyfriends liked to call it... jaded.. 
how lame is that??? 
Honestly...
 please just feel free to put some dark make-up on, 
black clothes and walk around with a really  sad face on...
 ugh.. 
ANYWAYS


For me the song that is linked up to the word 'jaded' above is the best way to describe all of those shitty experiences...

There is something about it that really just sums up the way I've been feeling for a lot of people from my past lately. 

Truth be told I miss you, 
and truth be told I'm LYING.... 

setting the relationship portion of it aside... and just going into the "running into an old friend from high school" portion of it... 

I hate it.. I really, really, REALLY DO. 

See for me the thing I hate the most is the fakeness of it all...
Not every woman is like this but I know a lot of us are... If you're one of the people that aren't I'm just gonna run through the typical scenario really quickly for you... 

Despite our GREAT attempt to completely avoid the person. We fail. So we are then left with two options... 
1.) Be fake-ly sweet like you know they are going to orrrr...
2.) Be honest. 

9 out of 10 times we're fake. 

Why do I call it fake???

Cause truth be told- I really don't give a damn how your doing, and I MOST CERTAINLY do not want to hear about your dog named Spot, your engagement or the fact that you are doing splendid while I am doing awful... 
CRAZY I KNOW. 

But for some reason we stand there... put on the fake smile, grinning and bearing it all the way... 

All the while deep inside our heads you know the other person is thinking the same thing as you... 

"FUCK, FUCK, FUCK... GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

So then comes the REALLY  awkward part..
Which is where you both while pretending to care about each others bull shit start slowly walking backwards in the opposite directions of each other.. 

*hoping that the other person will not notice what your doing..*

.... and then if you're as crafty as I am 

(you'll already have your cell phone in your hand)

you'll find a way to make it ring... Apologize as you "answer" it quickly and then proceed to have a 0.2 second fake conversation on the phone... 

*durning which you will have been informed that you really need to go because you're "friend" is waiting* 

....and so you say your awkward goodbyes, not knowing whether or not to give each other a hug or the high five and then you take off as fast as you can; hoping and praying that doesn't happen again for a while. 


See for me at least it has come to the point in life where all I want to do just stop the madness and speak the truth...

But for now I guess I'll just hope it gives you hell


2 comments:

  1. I can't speak for the relationship portion, but I have been in the situation where you run into someone that harassed, bullied, terrorized or plain made your lift miserable, and they pretend to be nice and talk to you. Umm, sorry, you hated me in school, why do you want to talk to me now? Seriously, go fly a kite, and accidentally drown in the ocean. I still won't go to your funeral. With these, I do, also, tend to be fake, and just go along until a convenient opening occurs, and can leave. What I get a chuckle out of, is that shortly after talking to them, they find me on Facebook, and friend request me. It brings a smile to my face to hit, "Deny."

    Well written post, and I appreciate the fact you write so well what you are feeling, and not what you expect other people to like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL--- I LOVE hitting the deny button lol... I wish I had the erm... "balls".. to email them and be like Ummmm so yea.. YOU RUINED my life in high school... sooo you think its all good now and we can be friends?? REAAALLLYYY?!?! Bet ya didn't think that one through did ya lol

    Thanks for the comment sometimes I worry that I am to blunt/forward/crass but as long as there is one person that enjoys it that's all that matters to me! :)

    ReplyDelete