Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Truth Is

The things we take for granted in life are ridiculous. The smell of a beautiful flower, taste of a slice of pizza, the feeling of the sunlight on your skin, the feel of the wet dew in the grass early in the morning, the sound of a cricket. We get ourselves into this pattern of living that is just day in-day out... never truly appreciating what is right in front of us.

Never looking beyond our day to day drama, letting the smallest things completely upset us and dampen our spirits. An angry customer, a bottle of soda that ruins your favorite purse, a forgotten bill, a run-in with an ex. It's hilarious if you think about it... how the most trivial  things can completely  turn our little existences topsy-turvy.

See the truth is, this is how I live my day to day life... yea, yea, i know "those who cast the first stone... glass houses..." But see there probably is no hope for me to not only fully understand this, but to also try and change it...
"I'm one of those people.. You know the kind... the ones who hope for change, pray for it, beg for it and then when it finally arrives scamper away like a dog with its tail between its hind legs."
I like to call myself a realist but... the truth is, thats just a fancy, less dreary way of saying pessimist. The truth is I have no clue how to move forward... I don't really know when I lost that ability. See my friends all think I'm this strong person... but really I'm not I don't like being strong... I'm not sure why that is either...


Maybe I've just given up on the idea.. 

Maybe I've had to be strong for so long I just don't want to anymore. 

Maybe Im just sick of it.


The truth is in the end you only have yourself to rely on, 
yourself to make you happy, 
yourself to keep yourself positive 
(if that makes sense)...


The truth is in the end the only person you can count on, depend on is you.

So don't let you  hold you back.

Realize the beauty that is life.

Drink it up and never, never let yourself take it for granted.

1 comment:

  1. You are right where you are supposed to be. Often the people who are making the most progress have a difficult time seeing it because their expectations of themselves are high. Keep moving forward Erica, never stop, and you will never regret wasting time.

    ReplyDelete